Good morning! I'm recovering from my very first run yesterday...ugh legs are a little sore
but nothing a snuggle with my baby girl and some yummy breakfast won't fix. Did I mention that she is 3 months old...already?!?! It seems like yesterday when I wasn't sure I w
ould make it through those long nights in the first week.
Over the past 3 months I have gathered a few tips from other moms and my own experience on easy things to do to get ready for and/or to make everyday life with a new baby easy and economical.
1. Bounty - Peanut Butter Jar Wipes I need to buy some more paper towel to make more wipes so I will post a picture when I have some made but the link will take you to another mom who has discovered their wonder. I you are going to go the route of disposable wipes you might as well give homemade ones a try.
2. Hand-Me-Downs I will accept any and all donations of clothing from moms because they just make my day. Chances are my kid(s) won't wear them out either and they can go to their next happy home when I am done with them. Not to mention that most of the gross manufacturing chemicals have been washed out of them by the time I get them.
3. Baking Ahead It seems no matter what time I get up I am not on time since having this baby. She is always hungry or needs a diaper change as I am about to go out the door. I don't deal well without breakfast in my tummy so by making a batch of muffins I have insta-portable breakfast-to-go ready and waiting. Also saves money on drive-thrus.
4. Coffee Timers Caffeine makes me jittery if I have too much of it but since I have entered the realm of new parent sleep deprivation 3 months ago I have become a one cup of coffee in the morning type of gal. Our coffee pot has a timer and due to reasons stated in #3 if it is all set and brewing I can pour myself a travel mug and be on my way.
Just in case you are looking for some delicious coffee, visit my favourite coffee shop from home Java Moose...Maple Cinnamon Coffee??? drool. And like #3, saves money on drive-thrus.
5. Dishwasher I always felt kind of guilty using the dishwasher for just my husband and I but unless I want dirty dishes stacked until each evening when I have a moment without incidences that I mentioned in #3 we load our dishwasher and it at least gives me the feeling that my kitchen is clean.
6. Meal Planning I have been doing this for a while but it seems to make all the more sense now that my schedule is much more dictated by a 14.5 lb person. Laura hosts Menu Plan Mondays, an awesome place to start.
7. House Cleaning Schedule I'm still working on this one but it just seems like laundry piles up in a matter of minutes...
8. Cloth Diapers Not that these make my life a whole lot easier but they don't make it any more difficult. We do have to empty the garbage less and they are just so darn cute! My current fave are Fuzzi Bunz and I'm looking to buy some more, they really are great, and they do work out to be cheaper in the long run.
9. Baby Wrap I love this thing see my other post
10. Loving Husband He is seriously the best dad I could ever have hoped for and I wouldn't want to do this without him.
For more Top Ten Tuesday Fun go see Amanda.