Friday, March 13, 2009
sponge dog square pants
I love my dogs, I really do. They are fantastic company and are great at warning me of such impending dangers as...the cat up the street or the mail man dunh dunh dunh. Seriously though I've never owned a dog before we got these two a year ago and I've always wanted one. I just can't wait until summer when the snow and dirt won't be all over my house. Oh summer with your green grass and lack of snow and gravel mmm.
Crosby our lab is not so bad as long as I wipe his feet but Nugget, poor Nugget is the silliest mix of breeds so that he is a low lying sponge. Just a few minutes ago he was in the back yard and he didn't come when I called, I pulled on my boots and trudged through the snow and had a moment of panic when I didn't see him (let me just say the day we found him he was running down the middle of the highway) but then I saw movement up up in the garden on our retaining wall. The poor dog was stuck in the snow and couldn't move as it was deeper than his little legs, I burst out laughing then composed myself long enough to reach above my head and lower him to the ground.
Why didn't anyone tell me dogs were so much work...?
Anyway onto my gratitude list for this week
1. My wonderful husband, he works so hard.
2. Melamine paint: has anyone used this stuff? We've been painting our trailer and chose it for its durability. Proof: There is a a green spot under my thumbnail that I can't get off...we painted on Monday...
3. Friends, I love visiting and having tea with friends
4. Tea: see number 3
5. The time change, yes I said it. I do enjoy how much lighter it is in the evenings.
6. My down comforter, so warm and cozy. I think I'm going to go curl up now.
See you soon